Thursday - a Friday because Friday is a DDO. Thursdays are either crazy or non-existent. Today, I wanted it to go and I didn't want it to go. I guess that's what happens when there is something in your future for which you are somewhat apprehensive of the outcome. One of those times when you debate how much do you repress what you really feel?
Gratitude Moments for Thursday
1. Today, I'm grateful that it's Thursday, the last day of the work week, and 4 days of holidays ahead! Plans? not many.
2. Today, I'm grateful for having the opportunity to re-connect with a friend who was once very important in my life. I don't know how far a renewed friendship will go without talking about things of significance and true meaning, but time will tell. At least there is the chance to re-connect.
3. Today, I'm grateful that the long weekend that starts the summer and camping the season. Last year I didn't get out camping much, maybe this year I can get out a few more times. I really enjoy it, provided I don't get cold ... something about silence and nature.
4. Today, I'm grateful for the opportunity to go to my third wine-tasting. The first was with my Aunt Lydia, a very long time ago (I can't remember when, but it was in Calgary, on a holiday, I think ...), the second was at Jason's last November, and this was the third. I really enjoyed it - the history fascinates me. This class was on Shiraz/Syrah wine, and though my palate needs a lot more practice to discern the differences, at least I can tell which qualities I like more than others.
5. Today, I'm grateful for my Aunt ... today, the wine-tasting struck a painful note and in the midst of the pain, I remembered my Aunt. In a way, she was the only one in my life who has given me unconditional love, who held nothing back nor manipulated me in the love she gave to me. How I miss her!
Steps out of my Rut
Cups of water: 5
Day’s Calories: unknown
Food groups (out of 5): 4 of the 5 (no fruit)
Activity: no
Clean sink: yes!
Meds: yes!
Sleeping: 6h (up twice)
Sofa/Sleep ratio: no TV
Deep clean: none
Reading: 10 min at work; want to read a bit more before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment