Saturday, May 10, 2014

26 of 100 ... Digging In



With the first quarter of this completed, it feels like this is sinking in, becoming real, like I really do have something within my grasp.  There is a pull within me, but a good one.  I think it's the beginning of the need to let something go wrestling with the old habits they have established.


Gratitude Moments for Today:
1.  Today, I'm grateful for having a nice day at home.  I got some things done, but with it coldish and rainy outside, it was nice to spend part of the day at home.
2.  Today, I'm grateful for being able to get out with a friend. Dinner and a movie (Non-Stop) ... a good, cheap, mindless movie that kept you wondering.  Perfect for a rainy evening!
3.  Today, I'm grateful for my little apartment.  It's not much, but it's cozy and it's mine. 
4.  Today, I'm grateful for clean clothes ... I know it's an odd one, but whenever I wash my clothes and there's nothing left in the hamper and they're all put away, I know my clothes are all clean and that's a great feeling.  (Next weekend: the Winter/Summer Switch!)
5.  Today, I'm grateful that all my health scares of the last few months are turning out to be false.  It's not that I'm scared of dying, but I don't feel like I've fully lived yet and so I want to do that before the lights go out for the last time.  Maybe that cloud over me is affecting my thinking, but if it is, I hope it's in a good way. Today, I'm just grateful that I still have time to correct my mistakes.  Listening to my friend VG this evening, I felt the empowerment inside me, strengthening and resolving to DO what I need to - my advice to her sure resonated with me, what I suggested to her are the same things I should follow through myself.


Steps out of my Rut:
1. Cups of water: 4 (but I'm not going to bed yet)
2. Clean sink: YES!
3.  Salad (YES!); fruit (not yet)
4.  Activity: no
5.  Meals:  YES
6.  Meds:  YES!!



It's time to up the anti again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment